Concept Artist - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
This is an amazing opportunity to for a strong 2D artist to join our existing AAA experienced team in the extremely exciting, challenging and varied role of in-house Concept Artist.
The Artist will be responsible for designing and creating high quality 2D artworks and illustration with a strong focus on conceptual design, composition, colour theory and illustrative competence. This opportunity affords a large amount of creative autonomy and as such requires a self-driven motivational quality in terms of inspiration and drive.
Working within an existing 2D / Graphics team, one will be working alongside proven 2D illustrators, supporting various elements of both the development and publishing teams.
The role will demand strong artistic capability and the accompanying communicative skills to discuss, critique and iterate a wide and varied spread of 2D creative content.
VR presents a whole new dynamic in the presentation of graphics and how we perceive them. As a solely VR focused studio we are all too aware of the new possibilities yet to be explored in the application of Graphics in VR. With the variety of projects and VR platforms currently being developed at nDreams this role is guaranteed to offer new challenges to any artist, challenges beyond traditional developments.
If you are as passionate about Art, Design, Graphics and their role in exceptional VR experiences as we are, then we’d love to hear from you.
- • Visualising new concepts, IP and art styles for potential development
- • Conception of and production relative designs for real-time content (Characters/Landscapes/Vehicles)
- • Exploration of 3D interactive UI elements and interactions
- • Creating visual target illustrations, setting the tone, direction and benchmark for the 3D creation team
- • Storyboard creation of set piece action or narrative sequences
- • Creation of presentation documentation and layouts, showing and explaining a sense of Brand and visual identity
- • A graduate of a Degree or equivalent qualification within a relevant discipline. Or at least 3 years’ relevant industry experience.
- • Demonstrate a level of draftsmanship confidence and competency.
- • Experience in working within a team environment
- • Excellent working knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite
- • Display a strong interest and understanding of the Digital Games Entertainment Software industry, and how concept development plays a role
- • Demonstrate a solid working knowledge of Photoshop digital painting and any associated creative Cloud suite tools
- • Create concepts and illustrations in a timely manner displaying an “attention to detail” that shows or illustrates the potential for excellence
- • Fast and confident craftsmanship skills – the ability to quickly explores ideas, shapes and forms
- • Be able to employ a design process from reference, conception, exploration, concept development, to final style, finish and execution.
- • Show an aptitude to tackle a wide spread of subject matters, finishes and forms - stylised to realistic
- • Utilize existing artworks into your work to quickly pre-visualise intended directions or styles.
- • Effective time management, communicating and achieving a required level of finish within a given time frame
- • Ability to work as part of a larger team, working with members of the design and code teams, actively contributing to the development process.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- • Consistently strive to maintain or exceed the highest quality standards of the Art Department.
- • Demonstrable 2D graphical skills showing a strong foundation in art, layout and colour composition
- • Able to articulate and receive constructive feedback on their own and peers work
- • An aptitude to apply themselves to new illustration styles, methods and levels of finish
- • Experience in graphical layout, typography and InDesign
- • 3D modelling skills within Maya or 3DSMax
Terms of Contract
- • £TBC per annum dependent on experience
- • Full time, 6 months fixed term contract
- • Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK
- • Pension scheme
- • Share Option scheme
- • Childcare Vouchers
- • 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays & your birthday)
- • Duvet Days
- • Regular staff outings and social events