Development Manager (12 month Contract)
The Development Manager is a key role within nDreams Limited and you will work alongside the other vertical line managers, (Code, Art, Audio, Design and QA) to manage and direct the Internal Development Team within the studio at Farnborough.
As well as the other line managers, you will collaborate closely with the nDreams Executive Team (CEO, COO, VP Development, VP Publishing) to coordinate the development of world class games and experiences in line with nDreams business strategy and revenue goals.
As Development Manager you will add experience, direction, and measurable performance leadership to our product development processes, the Production/QA Teams and the Internal Development Studio as a whole.
The role reports into the VP of Development.
THIS IS A 12 MONTH CONTRACT TO COVER MATERNITY LEAVE
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- • The Development Manager has final accountability and responsibility for the on-time, on-budget and to-quality delivery of all titles within nDreams Internal Studio.
- • You will be responsible for the assessment, implementation and ongoing management of appropriate development processes that ensure efficient achievement of nDreams’ product development goals.
- • You will directly manage the Production team, ensuring that they posses the necessary skills and capabilities to support a cross-discipline development team at every stage of the product lifecycle, from high concept inception through to post release. Where necessary / appropriate, you will recommend training for individuals and provide ongoing performance management.
- • You will develop and maintain personal development plans and key objectives for each Production Team member, providing performance feedback on a regular basis to the HR Manager and VP Development, and, where necessary, provide performance management plans.
- • You (and your Production team) will be the go-to person for up-to-the-minute information about product development status at every stage of development across all active products.
- • You will be the owner of nDreams’ internal Development Team capacity plan and, working with the other discipline managers, you will be accountable for the forward planning of capacity and strategic resource planning to ensure efficient delivery of nDreams’ product development goals.
- • You will be responsible for managing and communicating risk across all active projects, including but not limited to; overall development spend, team capability, delivery capacity (time), feature scope and technical performance. Furthermore, working with the Development Management Team you will quickly and pro-actively seek resolutions to all arising risks and conflicts to keep the product schedule intact and viable – communicating these resolutions to all relevant stakeholders within appropriate time-scales for ratification.
- • You will oversee Qualiy Assurance and be ultimately responsible for the certification of products for publication on platform holder hardware; (PlayStation, Xbox, Oculus, Vive, Daydream, Gear, OSVR etc.
- • Working with the Executive Team (CEO, COO, VP Development, VP Publsihing) and the Development Management Team (vertical discipline managers), you will contribute to future product and strategic planning – in particular, you will advise on which product concepts fall within the development team’s capabilities, highlighting potential areas of risk and / or strategic opportunity.
- • Working with your Production team, you will be responsible for regualar weekly reporting and ad-hoc communication of nDreams Development Team status.
- • You will be an excellent communicator and you’ll be equally comfortable presenting at Team, or Company boardroom level.
- • Working with the VP Development and other stakeholders, you will help to foster and promote a happy and vibrant working culture within nDreams.
Key Skills & Experience
- • Min 5 years industry or 3+ shipped titles/live service games in a leadership role – prefer mix of console/mobile/PC
- • 3+ years Agile experience (any style, eg. Scrum/Kanban/BDD/Lean)
- • Scrum certification preferred
- • People management
- • Budgeting/P&L
- • Capacity planning
- • Ability to present at exec level
Salary & Contract
- • Dependent on experience
- • 12 month contract
- • Farnborough, Hampshire, UK
apply download pdf job spec