Lead VFX Artist
This is an amazing opportunity to for a Lead VFX Artist to join us here at nDreams to help carve the future of VR development. Focusing exclusively on the VR platforms, we are at the frontier of new hardware and exciting projects, relying on us as a creative team to trail blaze new and innovative methods of implementation.
VR presents a whole new dynamic in the presentation of VFX. As a solely VR focused studio we are all too aware of the new possibilities offered to each discipline, within VFX we are looking for someone to see that potential and apply themselves to that goal and help us perceive VFX in a truly fresh, immersive and innovative way. With the variety of projects and VR platforms currently being developed here at nDreams this role is guaranteed to offer new and exciting challenges to any VFX artist, challenges beyond what traditional developments can offer.
As a VFX Artist you’ll be responsible for both the artistry of your VFX as much their perception in an all-encompassing VR space. We value the artistic interpretive nature of VFX as much as the technical prowess required to deliver them in real-time, as such the artist as an individual will have ownership of the process and development of their own ground breaking visual effects - in VR.
If you are as passionate about quality VFX pushing creativity and immersion to new levels in VR, then we’d love to hear from you.
- • To create a variety of styles of real-time VFX throughout multiple aspects of game development, Including Characters or weapon-based to environmental or destructive elements.
- • Demonstrate a strong technical aptitude and knowledge base for appropriate software and real-time engine use, UE4 / Unity for example.
- • A basic to strong understanding of rigging and skinning solutions and potential for physics driven or simulated appendages.
- • Have a fundamental understanding of animation, timing and weighting with reference to animated VFX or pre-canned sequences.
- • Evidence or a working knowledge of cinematic camera work, framing, lighting and composition for real-time cut-scenes or pre-canned sequences.
- • Show the conception and development process of various visual styles and methods of VFX execution.
- • Show prowess and an intimate working knowledge of hi-end shader development within VFX and their real-time application on a variety of platforms.
- • Be capable of and show an understanding of accurate development time estimations of key feature assets.
- • Ability to compose, light and execute on well rendered scenes to produce key art renders.
- • Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise their own work schedule.
- • Experience with developing and mentoring up and coming junior VFX artists.
- • Able to articulate and receive constructive feedback on their own and peers work.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- • Consistently strive to maintain or exceed the highest quality standards of the Art Department.
- • A graduate of a Degree or equivalent qualification within a relevant discipline. Or at least 4 years’ experience in industry.
- • Real-time engine experience in both Unreal and Unity.
- • Excellent working knowledge of Maya and the Adobe Creative Suite
- • Demonstrable 3D skills showing a strong understanding of technical console limitations and capabilities.
- • An aptitude to apply themselves to new technologies
- • Minimum of two published products within the Console, PC, VR or Mobile space
- • Experience in working within a team environment – essential
- • Ability to effectively critique their own and others work, respectfully.
- • A strong self-awareness and interpersonal skills to facilitate the productive mentoring of Junior VFX artists.
Salary & Contract
- • £TBC per annum dependent on experience.
- • Full time, permanent contract
- • Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- • Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- • Pension scheme.
- • Share Option scheme.
- • Childcare vouchers
- • 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays & your birthday).
- • Regular staff outings and social events.