Real-time VFX Artist - Freelance
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced VFX Artist to join us here at nDreams to help evolve the perception and execution of VFX as a discipline. Focusing exclusively on the VR platforms, we are at the frontier of new hardware and innovative methods of implementation. With the variety of projects and VR platforms currently being developed here at nDreams this role is guaranteed to offer new and exciting challenges to any VFX artist. Current challenges include a very high-end cinematic approach with a focus on cinematic action sequences using UE4. If you are as passionate about quality VFX pushing creativity and immersion to new levels in VR, then we’d love to hear from you.
THIS IS A 2 MONTH CONTRACT BASED IN-HOUSE AT OUR STUDIO IN FARNBOROUGH, HAMPSHIRE.
You will work alongside the existing environment art team so communication skills, both visual and verbal are key.
Direction will come from the studio Art Director and Principal Artists as your work must integrate seamlessly into the project and visual direction. The ability to take and act upon direction, and therefore show a good understanding of any specific art style.
- • To create a variety of styles of real-time VFX throughout multiple aspects of game development, Including characters or weapon-based effects to environmental or destructive elements.
- • Demonstrate a strong technical aptitude and knowledge base for appropriate software and real-time engine use, UE4 / Unity for example.
- • A basic to strong understanding of rigging and skinning solutions and potential for physics driven or simulated appendages.
- • Have a fundamental understanding of animation, timing and weighting with reference to animated VFX or pre-canned sequences.
- • Show the conception and development process of various visual styles and methods of VFX execution.
- • Show prowess and an intimate working knowledge of shader development within VFX and their real-time application on a variety of platforms.
- • Be capable of and show an understanding of accurate development time estimations of key feature assets.
- • Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise their own work schedule.
- • Able to articulate and receive constructive feedback on their own and peers work.
- • Consistently strive to maintain or exceed the highest quality standards of the Art Department.
- • A graduate with a Degree or equivalent qualification within the discipline of Art
- • Experience in UE4’S sequencer and working within real-time cinematics is desirable
- • Working within a team, taking direction, receiving and acting upon feedback
- • Experience with lighting and post processes would be a plus
- • Previous work experience in the games or entertainment industry would be of value but is not required provided that the candidate can demonstrate a good understanding of the skills required.
- • Working to strict time and asset restriction budgets
- • Optimisation work (reducing polygons and materials, combining assets when necessary)
Salary & Contract
- • Freelance, fixed-term contract (2 months)
- • Rate, dependent on experience
- • Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.