Senior Specialist Programmer
nDreams are the UK’s largest developer and publisher solely focused on creating virtual reality (VR) games & experiences. We’re looking to grow our Development team to help ensure that our range of upcoming releases are commercially successful.
We’re looking to hire a Senior Specialist Programmer. This should be an individual with experience, passion and honesty, as well as having a proven track record of experience within the AI or Gameplay domain.
The Senior Specialist Programmer will report to the Technical Director, and depending on the individual and situation, they may lead a sub-teams of coders to achieve a specific delivery, or be responsible for a key subsystem of the game within a larger team.
Core Role Expectations
Your day to day activities will include, but are not limited to:
- • Drive solutions and features for the Product at key sub-system level
- • Have great working knowledge within your specialism
- • Contribute heavily to the roadmap and planning for target subsystem
- • Using profiling tools to analyse and target optimisations
- • Use knowledge and familiarity of common industry techniques to solve problems and optimise within specialism
- • Work on problems effectively, demonstrating an above average work rate
- • Drill down and understand problem-space requirements within specialism
- • Identify and propose refactoring, and understand trade-offs when performing it
- • Guide and advise other developers, especially when interacting with target domain
- • Advocate good technical practice with others
Key Skills & Experience
- Expert domain knowledge within AI or Gameplay specialism
- • Key part of delivery of at least one recent product on current generation, and have participated in multiple released products
- • Demonstrate a good understanding of what is required to technically deliver a product
- • Be able to work as a part of a team and on your own initiative
- • Be able to understand and solve difficult and complex technical problems within specialism areas
- • Familiar with using relevant middleware suites
- • Proficient in programming languages, C++ and/or C#
- • Great time management skills with the ability to prioritise their own work schedule
- • Able to articulate and receive constructive feedback on their own and peers work.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- • Familiarity with VR is highly desired
Salary & Contract
- • Competitive, dependent on experience.
- • Full time
- • Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- • Site visits to external developers.
- • Pension scheme.
- • Share Option scheme.
- • Childcare Vouchers
- • 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays & your birthday).
- • Duvet Days
- • Regular staff outings and social events.
apply download pdf job spec