Elevation is re-establishing the boundaries of VR. We’re looking for a talented Environment artist to help us explore, create, and deliver world leading innovation in software and VR hardware. Become one of the founding members of Elevation, pathfinding a remote first studio, crafting a new generation of VR development and bringing core VR games to fruition.
As a Senior Environment Artist, you will be responsible for creating believable and coherent game worlds and inspiring the people around you to ensure we’re delivering incredible virtual reality games and experiences.
· Creating realistic, awe-inspiring assets and environments that will be at the very cutting edge of the VR space.
· Communicate across disciplines, from design to animation to delivering assets that fulfil gameplay requirements.
· Mentor and support the junior and mid-level artists in the team.
· Work with production to deliver a schedule of work on time. Highly organized, managing time effectively to maintain a schedule of work.
· Become a guardian of quality and well-balanced production sensibilities that ensure scenarios for success.
· Help shape and to be part of our cross disciplined team that prioritises the best game and experience over individual disciplines.
· A portfolio that illustrates creating cohesive and believable worlds across different styles, from fantasy to realism.
· Experience in the games industry, preferably with at least two published products within Console, PC or VR.
· Someone who is self-driven and autonomous.
· Working knowledge of industry standard project management tools and source control software.
· A creative thinker with problem-solving abilities and commitment to personal development.
· Positive and outgoing personality with a can-do attitude who can adapt based on feedback.
· Excellent working knowledge of Maya, Adobe Creative Suite, zbrush, substance and Unreal.
· At least 4 years’ experience in real-time game development, with demonstrable results.
· Demonstrable 3D skills showing a strong understanding of technical console limitations and capabilities, and PBR pipeline.
· An aptitude to apply yourself to new technologies.
nDreams Studio Elevation is bringing the evolution of VR development to core gamers.
This is an all-new studio seeded by the creative talent that brought you the innovative, genre defining award-winning VR title Phantom: Covert Ops.
We are looking for exceptional talent to help pave the way forward with fresh innovation for the next generation of VR hardware and software.
Why nDreams Elevation?
This is the opportunity to build upon an already proven, world class foundation of VR expertise, to further shape and mould a new way of working, that continues to deliver and innovate for the next generation of core VR games. We are a remote first studio, with all the perks that come with it. Work from anywhere to help us push the boundaries of VR, with cutting edge technology and the support of our established VR expertise from the wider nDreams group. Rapidly growing to support a variety of genres, nDreams is one of the world’s leading developers/publishers focused on VR games, creating multiple studios dedicated to making the best games out there. This is a 12 month fixed term contact.