We are nDreams, an award-winning independent developer and publisher, delivering world-leading interactive VR experiences.
Our new fully remote studio nDreams Studio Orbital has just been announced, and we’re looking for talented people to help pioneer development in live service games for VR that will entertain players for years.
We have the speed and creative flexibility of a start-up, with the experience and backing of the team behind Fracked, Far Cry: Dive Into Insanity and #1 Selling, Award-winning Phantom: Covert Ops.
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of both a new team and project right from the start.
This is a unique opportunity to become one of the founding members of the nDreams: Virtual Studio and create world-class VR experiences.
As Gameplay Programmer, you will be focused crafting fun innovative experiences that bring joy to our players. At first, you will be prototyping immersive mechanics that form the heart of our upcoming project. Your ability to find the fun in software and contribute new ideas will make you an invaluable member of the team. As the project progresses, you will ensure the best mechanics scale and remain engaging.
There will also be the opportunity and expectation that you will be involved in other technical aspects of the project dependent on your skillset and interests.
- Discover, design & build the fun in conjunction with the team.
- Develop and iterate gameplay prototypes.
- Grow the core gameplay into robust, production-ready code.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure our code is clean, organised, and easy to maintain.
- Remain on top of the VR market and the latest gameplay innovations.
- Mentor and support junior members of the team through code reviews and feedback.
- Be prepared to contribute to other areas of the project when possible.
-1+ years games industry experience, or 3+ years in other technology sectors.
- A broad working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Knowledge of C++ and understanding of how it us used in game development
- Experience in rapid prototyping and creative problem solving
- Strong math and analytical skills
- An understanding of the VR market and a philosophy of what makes a fun experience
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment and responsive to change in the face of uncertainty
Our growing studio shares a passion for innovation, collaboration and defining the future of VR. We encourage an open, creative, and diverse culture and empower people to explore their ideas and put their own stamp on projects. With humble beginnings of our own, we combine big projects and opportunities with a personal, caring touch. We’re proud of our culture – come and see why!
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, private health insurance, pension, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days plus a day off to celebrate your birthday. As you’d guess, we provide all the equipment you need to create amazing VR experiences.
We are a remote first studio with the advantages that brings. We will hold social get togethers once per quarter in London to bond and become the best team we can be.
Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below.
What we have to offer